Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Now Nica...

Now Nicaragua,
We got through the border crossing with much ado about how much 'bucks' each person needed in 'permits' etc. and headed without knowing in the wrong direction to meet a client and spend the night.
Only after chasing Elsie's tail to get there by dark, did we only first realize that we were totally in the wrong part of the country.
The whole atmosphere here is different but the countryside is very beautiful and everyone so far has been really friendly to us.
After arriving here and checking with the cops that no one here knows the people or the resort we were looking for, we found ourselves parked at the beach wondering what next to do as we do not drive at night, when I noticed a small hotel on the beach.
It is not much but we got a cool room with balcony only 15 meters from the beach and a cold shower and they kindly let me park Elsie on the patio amongst the diners because of my concern of leaving her on the road - most unusual looking sight indeed.
After checking in I went to get a local brew and the owners asked where I came from and after telling them I was born and raised in Africa, we all discovered that I was their forst guest from the dark continent.
The next thig all the cell phones were out and I had to do a photo session with everyone here :-)
As soon as we get moving this morning we will be heading to Managua which is not too far from here, so those of you in Managua waiting to meet with us, we will be there today and be calling you from the road.
Sorry we missed you Stacy but you will see us soon and I will try to contact you tonight again
Take care
Paul and Angelika

No comments: